Saturday 25 February 2023

Defazer & Fearwell - Musicon The Hague, 24 February 2023


An evening of local and almost local metal in Musicon, so we had to support. Good to see we (Marko and I) were not the only ones thinking so, as Musicon was filled decently for the evening. Defazer would open the evening and with for me a new line-up they sounded surprisingly tight. Defazer are the best thrash metal band of the region and they always guarantee a thrash fest. During the first two songs the audience was in wait and see mode, but soon thereafter a first pit was created and fun was had on and off the stage. Most songs from their EP Order Out Of Chaos and CD Burning Horizon passed by and the general consensus around me was that Defazer were great. So let's hope this line-up stays together and returns on local stages frequently. They are even heading for a German festival this summer so good luck to them.


Fearwell are from nearby Leiden and a new band to me. The event announced them as melodic death metal, but I saw more of a power metal band. Lots of chains on stage and on some of the bandmembers. After some initial soundissues, their wall of sound did sound good to me. Some pretty nice guitar work stood out most for me and the two voices blended well. They do have an album out released in 2022 Well of Fear. Unfortunately no CD's, but a hint to listen on spotify. Well spotify is against my religion, so checking youtube it will be. One song that stood out was about a battle during the 80 year war with Spain and had towards the end the first part of our national anthem in it, which was a strange intermezzo to me. But overall a good band I thought and they are already confirmed for Metal Experience Fest so more on them later this year.The good news on Musicon is that next week we can and shall be back for Finnish thrashers Prestige, Rages of Sin and a Belgian band I don't know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment