Sunday 27 October 2019

Blood Red Throne, Ceremony, Pictura Poesis & Adversarius - Musicon The Hague, 26 October 2019


An evening of extreme metal in Musicon. That means I did run into Marco as he follows the same principle as I do, if you have no other obligations always support your local scene. I entered Musicon when Adversarius were halfway their set. I saw them before and what stays most in mind is their aggressive Black Metal wall of sound. Next band Pictura Poesis probably was musically most interesting to me of the supports. Unfortunately sound of guitar and keyboards was not a constant plus, so this messed up some songs a bit. Last opener were Ceremony and to my surprise on what I expected to be a death metal evening we got again painted faces on stage. This black/death combo played tight, but lacked for me a bit of variation.


Blood Red Throne are old school death metal and Norwegian. Coming to the stage it was a sort of relief to see a metal band with metal guitars in hand. So suddenly we got flying solo's over fast banging songs. A deep grunt accompanying all and after two songs a wet slam dance floor made several people slip towards the stage. This band was for me the best of the evening and they knew how to make us bang. While during the supports I found at times that remarkably few people of rather full Musicon were bothered to watch or participate this was over during Blood Red Throne. Only comment for this band was the banner. After three class act works of art with the openers, this written name in normal letters and bottom half hidden behind the drums was a bit minimalistic. They made more than up for that with their music, so we could cycle home pleased, if only it was not pissing down by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment