Tuesday 11 February 2020

Diabolical, Devilish Impressions, Souldrainer & Frantic Amber - Musicon The Hague, 10 February 2020


An interesting package hitting Musicon on a Monday night. Storm Ciara is stilll leaving her marks on railway and roads, The day before I was planning to attend God Dethroned in Baroeg, but also skipped because I lost confidence our national rail would bring me home in the evening. So I knew what it is to skip a gig because of the circumstances. So I was not expecting a full house and I was right. Luckily several of the usual suspects were around so we enjoyed a fine evening of metal anyway.


First band was Frantic Amber. I did not check on the internet what tonight's bands were about, so I was surprised to see an almost all female band in battle outfit hitting the stage. Their music had some epic topics and was brought enthusiastically. Drum pedal issues or not the 40 minutes flew by and we had a nice opener for the evening.


Next band Souldrainer gave us more groove. At times they sounded like Hypocrisy to me. Now I like Hypocrisy so Souldrainer was fine as well. Hairy windmills on the stage accompanied what to me was possibly the best band of the evening.


Devilish Impressions from Poland were the only non Swedes on this tour. They even had two fans from their hometown showing up. I heard of them many times by my good friend Andrew who managed some UK tours with them I believe. Painted faces on the stage and Black Metal it was. This band had a lot of energy coming of the stage and I did see what Andrew liked in them. Another good band on this Monday.


When headliner Diabolical hit teh stage all we could see was smoke. The light effects were nice through it, but we could not see the band really. Hooded at the start, long haired later on their music was actually quite good. Black Death with a good mix of harsh and clean vocals. I am not sure if so much smoke made the experience any better, but the music was fine. There are worse ways of spending one's Monday evening. Now let's see if next time more people understand this. Next show Friday Arkhangelsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment