Sunday 13 October 2019

Haags Metaal - Musicon Den Haag, 12 October 2019


Metal in The Hague. Some say it is hardly alive, but then they did not attend Haags Metaal in Musicon. Last year the first edition took place in HPC during Progpower, so no option. This year I had family plans, but as Josie and Tiago had another idea for the afternoon I could get a bit of the atmosphere and beers in the afternoon. Eight bands playing so it was a long day and I decided to see the first three. Pity as in the evening several of my favorite local bands in different genres would play. This being Rages of Sin (Death), Defazer (thrash) and Icarius (Modern). Further Anatomy of I would play. A band I hardly saw before and who released their first album Substratum in 2011 with none other than Steve DiGiorgio on bass. I did opt in teh evening for family as I love my metal.but love Josie and Tiago more, although they might at times doubt that.


So what I did see was short and heavy. Acrid opened the day. Existing 25 years, their Death/Thrash was tight. Mancuerda came next. I never saw this doom/death band before. I was not the only one, as this was their first show. Playing all their available songs it sounded slow and heavy as it is supposed to be, more to come I hope. Last band for me were instrumental trio Nihiverse. Two guitars and drums got me interested as they had good solo's over nice riffs. So with a short Musicon visit I did support my local scene, like anyone should do and luckily many did yesterday. The Hague city of Peace, justice and metal.


No comments:

Post a Comment